Gift Management and Fees
At Evangel University, accountability and transparency are an integral part of everything we do. Many times an organization has administrative costs that are taken out of donations. This practice is fairly common. At Evangel there are minimal fees on certain forms of gifts and are designed to assist in:
- building and maintaining relationships with donors and prospective donors;
- providing receipts for all donations;
- processing the collection of all gifts (cash, check, credit card and stock gifts);
- reporting on all contributions and disbursements to academic units;
- processing all checks and vetting each disbursement request against established criteria;
- stewarding donors via acknowledgements, special events and communications;
- providing donors with endowment and stewardship recipient reports which show all fund activity in each fiscal year.
- addressing other needs within the university, including general scholarships.
The fee structure is reviewed annually and approved by the Evangel University Board of Trustees. Currently, Evangel University has two distinct fees as described below.
Administrative Fee: 9.9% of each non-endowment/restricted gift. The fee is not assessed on gifts of $100,000 or greater.
Endowment Administrative Fee: 1% of endowed accounts calculated annually if endowed account generates adequate funds to support the fee after the payout is made to the designated student or academic program.
All gifts are 100% tax-deductible. For more information, please call the University Advancement Office at 417-865-2815 ext. 7290.
Evangel University is a 501(c)3 organization and gifts to the university are 100% tax-deductible to the extent provided by law. Any variation will be communicated to you in a timely manner.
Effective June 11, 2015